Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Does VUE ignore Poser Animations with Graph Editor input or

Does VUE ignore Poser Animations with Graph Editor input or

Share your tips and secrets on getting the best out of that popular combination of Poser / Daz Studio and VUE.

Does VUE ignore Poser Animations with Graph Editor input or

Stepped away from Poser and Vue for quite some time, and went to jump back in and was immediately diappointed with Vue's handling of my Poser animation. Basically, I was doing a quick test with a car. I just did a simple animation of the car (and it's wheels) coming to a slow stop (oh, and going over a small bump/rock.) Everything looks good until it gets to the end. After the car stops, the wheels continue to spin, and then ultimately go BACKWARDS!

This definitely doesn't happen in Poser, as I did a nice smooth slow-down and stop in the Poser graph editor (as archaic as it is, I still find it easier than Vue's animation tools for the most part -- although Vue's curves editor is superior of course). Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that Vue is just seeing the keyframes and keyframe types and doing it's own interpolation. Which with a spline curve, it could make something swing the other way (i.e. backwards.)

I've tried importing with Quanternization on and off, to no avail. I even though maybe it was because I was using Vue 11.5 Infinite and linking to the Poser 11 Pro executable, but even after linking to the 2012 executable, it does the exact same thing.

Any ideas, or was the animated Poser -> Vue piple never really truly working?

Thanks for any input!

-Tim
This post: October 10, 2017

by

timoteo

Re: Does VUE ignore Poser Animations with Graph Editor input

One question that I do not understand completely. When the wheels continue to spin while the rest of the animation stopped, where does this come from? Does the animation go on beyond the end that you defined?

by

Walther Beck_1
Site Admin

Re: Does VUE ignore Poser Animations with Graph Editor input

Yes, it's a 90-frame animation (@ 30fps), and everything stops at about 60 frames, with just a bit of the car settling (body shift) by about frame 72. But the wheels stop in Poser by frame 60.

So, yeah ... there is about 1 second of nothing. (or should be nothing :( )

by

timoteo

Return to VUE - Poser / DAZ Studio

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).