Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - What features should e-on STEAL from the competition?

What features should e-on STEAL from the competition?

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

I'd take a look around and probably decide to cut the price list. Asking 649 USD to upgrade from Vue 9 to Vue 11 is a theft. No wonders there is lot of piracy out there.
This post: April 12, 2013

by

Alessandro Mastronardi

FBX import, this seems to be the new standard for importation, especially for animations.

And possibly a Daz Studio 4.5 import, as this program is now free, it is very popular and there is a problem with Collada import which sometimes works fine and sometimes does not.

This post: May 01, 2013

by

Arthur Doyle

Re: What features should e-on STEAL from the competition?

Neither of these compete with VUE, but have Undo Systems that I would like to see in VUE.
Both are easy to use.

I like the PhotoImpact best as it labels each state of Undo.

ZBrush's is simple but effective...a line of horizontal dashes, newest on the right...
I need to change the colors to have more contrast...wish I could do that in 2014 Studio, too.
This post: December 09, 2014

by

Cal McGaugh

Don't bother stealing certain Idea's from competitors its not worth it and a waste of time doing so.
Just steal everything from them its far easier and a lot quicker.
Just my 2 cents.
This post: December 10, 2014

by

Stephen Lane

Just steal everything from them its far easier and a lot quicker.

LOL! :D
This post: December 10, 2014

by

Cal McGaugh

Better dynamic population

Sorry if this isn't a proper thread to post my opinions, but it is difficult to get suggestions through to Eon directly. This isn't a thing that would be considered "stealing" from a competitor. This is just my suggestion on a way Vue could be improved:
1) Currently, you can create and save your scene that includes your dynamic population(s) exactly the way you want them, but when you open the scene again, the population(s) will most likely be completely different. Write code in the software that remembers the dynamic population.
2) When you are working on a scene that is populated and you change the scene in some way that has nothing to do with the population, you have to wait for Vue to re"populate" the scene every time you render it again, even though it doesn't change the population (which can be, like 30-40 times).
3) This would be really neat - Be able to connect the "Erase" function in EcoPainter to erase parts of a dynamic population (or static population for that matter) to cut way down on a scene rendering populations that you can't even see in your scene (like the backsides of terrains, hidden parts of terrains, etc. (Of course, you would keep the "Undo" and "Redo" functions available. Thanks. :)
This post: January 03, 2015

by

David Renfro

Does e-on monitor this thread when they are deciding what to change or add
in the next version?

An occasional comment by e-on staff would be appreciated. :wink:
This post: January 03, 2015

by

Cal McGaugh

Hi Cal,
Yes, we monitor forums (here and Vue user forum) even if you don't feel it. :)
Thanks for all your suggestions. Yes, we use them to decide what to do.

We also use the thread from the Vue-User forum :
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/for ... f=1&t=7869
And the associated Trello (where you can vote for your favorite feature) :
https://trello.com/b/CH54lnry/vue-roadmap
Use the forum thread to ask the add of a feature in the Trello.

Best regards,
Colin Chargy
e-on staff
This post: January 07, 2015

by

Colin Chargy_1

Thanks Colin!
Good to know someone is listening, and we're not just
talking to the wall. :wink:

Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Cal :D

ps-pm'd you
This post: January 07, 2015

by

Cal McGaugh

An "Edit Material" - (if applicable) keyboard shortcut. 8)
This post: November 04, 2015

by

Bira3d

agree, model vegetation from scratch
improve the movement tools, they are a nightmare compared to others
improve the lighting tools,
ability to import max files
This post: December 09, 2015

by

Dimeolas

I have recently made a moon picture and had to post-prod it a lot to make it look like I wanted Image.

Here are a few functions that could make things easier for stars/moon/planet scenes:
  • When the sun pitch is negative, make the moon appear. (same as in Bryce)
  • Make the moon a light emitting object (just as the sun)
  • Allow textures to be placed on light objects (at least on the moon)
  • Allow for several suns (additional suns do not emit light) to enable us to make images of Tatooine
  • Make more realistic starfields that look like the ones generated by Universe Image Creator
This post: December 24, 2015

by

Kilroy

When Copy/Pasting materials I'd love an option to retain the existing material name.

Better still, have a tickbox in Object Properties to lock the existing material name even when loading a library material.

e.g. if a model has materials called 'Wall', "Steps", "Pavement", I'd usually like the materials to stay called that, not all change to "Stone" then I load or paste materials.

At the moment I have to waste time re-editing the materials to set the names back to what they were.

Epi
This post: January 29, 2016

by

Epithumia

Regarding the website and prices:

1) Reduce prices for upgrades. Take better care of customers. Vue is competing against free software. There are better ways of improving revenue than charging for upgrades. See point 2.

2) Rebuild the store completely. Make it more user-friendly. Add obvious functionalities, such as hiding products that a customer have already bought. Improve how the wishlist operates. Let the customer sort items in various manners, from price, type, highest sale discount, et cetera. Avoid having unnecessary barriers between the customer and the shop. Revenue will improve with a better designed store. So, no need to charge vast amounts for software upgrades.

3) Demand higher quality promo images from product designers. Some products come with very low quality preview images. For a highly priced software, this doesn't give a good impression and don't generate sales. With better overall quality and interface, you will be able to attract far more artists that want to sell products here.

4) Update the forums. Remove old 'news' from 2014 that aren't relevant today.
This post: July 31, 2016

by

Leo Fernevak

Aeonstorm wrote:Regarding the website and prices:

Aeonstorm, you make some very good points. I agree that the web store needs a massive overhaul. And reading the forums here leaves one wondering how many people are actually using Vue? I am both a DAZ Studio and Vue user. I think comparing Vue and DAZ Studio is like comparing apples and orange as they both have their strong points. DS is free but I'm pretty sure I've paid 5 times over to add products to get the same functionality which comes with Vue Complete. Here are my points, hopefully I'm not repeating something already said, if so I apologise:

1) The C. Club, in my opinion, is overpriced! Check out DAZ3D's Platinum Club and Renderosity's Prime. They are cheaper and much better value. I have had the DAZ PC for several years and seriously considering the Renderosity Prime. The DAZ one I usually renew when it goes on sale so get it for an even better price. :)

2) Along with better promo pictures encourage vendors to be more active in the forums. Whether advertising a new product, answering questions on their products, etc. DAZ3D has a commercial forum and vendors can set up a thread on a new product where ppl can ask questions and buyers are encouraged to post images which use the product. This in turns encourages buyers to buy. And paying customers encourage vendors to make more products. :)

3) If making products with ecosystems could vendors include scene files without including plants and objects and let those who have the artist line add their own to the ecosystems so they don't keep getting asked each time they load a scene to look for required plants or objects. If I remember correctly D & D Creations did that with one of their products and it is great. That might end up working out well for vendors as I know personally I won't buy an environment even if I like it, that requires a long list of products I don't have.

4) Flash sales and other promotions are a great way of getting ppl to keep coming to the website. Seriously I think I check out DAZ3D once a day in case they've posted a flash or blink sale. I also like to check out their Fast Grab page daily because that product I must have could be there ... :)

Just some thoughts!
This post: August 01, 2016

by

EmotionalOutlet3D

PreviousNext

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).