Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - What features should e-on STEAL from the competition?

What features should e-on STEAL from the competition?

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

Ryan Dean wrote:
Andrew Fortune wrote:I don't know if this is something that would be "stealing from the competition", but it would be nice if Vue spoke to Carrara. In particular, I like what Carrara is doing with dynamic hair.

OMFG YES!! Carrara! Honestly, DAZ is new to the whole software scene (Being mainly content providers for some time), but working on Carrara has improved their skills a lot. I love that program, and IMHO it makes Poser look like a toy with a lot of bells and whistles attatched. OZONE for Carrara would be awesome, and having some way to load Vue scenes in Carrara like Stream does with C4D etc would be supberb.

Dunno if this is included in 9 or has been mentioned already, but here goes:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD:::: MULTI-PASS

Alpha and depth is great, but what about Shadow, Reflection, etc?
Even Carrara and Poser has that. Normal passes may not be neccisary for landscapes, but interior scenes would or might benefit from that.

Ummmm Multipass is available in Vue Infinite and Xstream, 22 layers worth of passes. Everything and more than you would ever need.
This post: October 02, 2010

by

Christian Turner

See above post :lol:
I didn't read that page in the book that explained multi pass, and I only have Esprit so...

Anyways I feel very stupid either way :roll: :wink:

by

Ryan Dean

Ryan Dean wrote:See above post :lol:
I didn't read that page in the book that explained multi pass, and I only have Esprit so...

Anyways I feel very stupid either way :roll: :wink:

No , no need to feel stupid, or anything negative. Vue has a lot of different versions Many features may or may not be available in your version. Your comment was totally acceptable.

by

Christian Turner

One thing that I find incredibly good for workflow is the ability to click on the model/main screen OpenGL render, or viewport, to select the material that is being used for that part of the model. eg say the door frame or light fitting of a scene where there may be quite a few materials ...door_01_bldg02 etc.. The material used is highlighted and brought up in the materials heirachy list for editing as desired.
Sometimes the number of materials in content sets are huge and perhaps don't always have totally meaningful names.
modo 401 has this feature and I find it really easy to edit materials/shaders when importing sets that need lots of adjustment.
Another variation of the above is when there are more than one material overlaying another eg window glass or similar, a right click brings up the "nested" materials and an underlying mat can be selected.

Oh I should have said.. Vue Newb... and if this feature exists, I would LOVE to know..
This post: October 29, 2010

by

Gary Belskyj

You can ctrl-click on objects to get to objects below another objects bounding box. It might not be as comprehensive as you want, but it helps. Lots of times I can't click on what I want because I'm getting the bounding box of something else, so ctrl-click fixes that.

I would LOVE it if Vue made it so that a right click into one of the modeling windows would activate that window, instead of bringing up the right click menu. That is a 3dsmax thing, and I love it. It makes it very easy to move between windows without deselecting or accidentally selecting anything. Of course, once that window is active, the right click brings up the right click menu like normal, but right clicking into a window other than the active one should just change focus to that window. That would rock,

Chris
This post: February 24, 2011

by

Chris Fullmer

Compare Frame buffer and camera bookmarks

I'm new to Vue but I've been and continue to work a lot with Maya and Modo. One of the first things I looked for in my work with Vue and found missing was a render frame buffer. In Maya and Modo (and 3dsMax) we have a render frame buffer that can store a copies of any number of your previous renders. This is invaluable when you are setting lighting, materials and just about anything environmental. Each of the above mentioned applications has a feature to allow you to quickly switch back and fourth between any two renders for quick comparison. Quite frankly I'm not sure how you Vue users have survived without such a feature. I have a hack that works using Pdlayer, a ram base image sequence viewer I use with Maya, but it would sure be nice to see that feature in Vue.

Camera bookmarks are another feature I use all the time in Maya. Once I set up a specific camera view that I want to keep or use again I can bookmark that location. This way if I move the camera, either by accident or on purpose, I can get back to the exact view I set previous.

Still learning Vue. Very slick program with lots of capability.

Oh, and a search feature on this forum would be invaluable! How does anybody find anything on this forum without search?
This post: July 02, 2011

by

Phil Hoppes

We could have three buttons in the material editor to add ecosystem instances: rock, plant, object (and a delete button) instead of an add drop-down menu. Maybe have the material editor tab scalable vertically, to be able to view more materials in the window.
This post: September 27, 2011

by

Bira3d

Multiple "suns" - i.e., the ability to include multiple light sources that affect and interact with the atmosphere (as in Terragen 2).

Dan

by

Dan Durda

I'd imagine this has been mentioned, but due to the nature of Vue a robust particle system seems like a no brainer to me.

by

Blaine91555

In my personal opinion, two very important xStream plugin icons are missing: "Open scene in standalone Vue" and "Reload scene from file". I've been using the black and blue (infinite) Vue icons, found in the goodies.

In fact, these could be the only icons to be loaded in the host's interface, since normally I do most of my work in Vue (speed, live preview), then bring to the host for adjustments. (I use then a custom layout, with most of the xStream icons)

I was very pleased to see mine and other suggestions implemented in Vue 10. Thank you! :D
This post: December 05, 2011

by

Bira3d

features vue could use

speedtree, just got the studio version and it is best veg maker bar none
This post: March 17, 2012

by

john davis

Improve import abilities add 3D Max, Bryce, ZBrush, and all growing 3d modeling software. And make it an update for all users not just for new purchasers.
This post: June 14, 2012

by

Paul Heyse

The ability to import objects in all versions WITHOUT needing an expensive module.

Tech support for all its programs - T-packs included.
This post: December 18, 2012

by

Katherine Poche

Georeferencing

So when DEM's are imported they keep true co ordinates. And GPS tracks can be imported with accurate positioning as a vector that can have an animated texture applied to it. (Growing route in WCS)

Textures applied to vectors (not eco systems)

Curvature of terrain influence over textures and eco systems so ridges could have sparse vegitation and hollows filled with snow etc.

Finally some kind of river generation. The old Vista allowed you to click a point on the terrain and a river flowed downhill. GeoControl2 does this as well.
This post: February 19, 2013

by

Anthony Robinson

A simple feature, but one that fits my workflow..

I want to be able to open a completed render in my favourite image editor, or copy-paste from Vue to my editor, rather than have to save the image and the open it from the editor.

Poser has the copy-paste variant, and I miss it in Vue.
This post: March 17, 2013

by

Epithumia

PreviousNext

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).