Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Focal Length with Panoramic Render

Focal Length with Panoramic Render

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

Focal Length with Panoramic Render

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thanks all of you for this forum, where I already found lots of information in my learning of Vue :)

I' m trying to do a panoramic render, but when I change the focal length in the camera from 25 mm to 90mm ( as an example ) there is no change at all in the render ( and even in the camera control).
Is it normal ?
Does anyone know how to do this ?

Have a nice week end ( 3:43 PM in Bruxelles )
This post: November 03, 2017

by

Lionel hautier

Re: Focal Length with Panoramic Render

That's normal. 360 degree renders have their own camera settings. You adjust the focal length inside the viewer that you load your rendered image into, most of the time.
This post: November 05, 2017

by

Shawn Driscoll

The focal length is fixed in 360 panoramas in VUE to avoid massively distorted images.
This post: November 06, 2017

by

Barry Marshall_1
Site Admin

Thanks a lot for your answers Shawn and Barry :D .

So, if I understand well, I should do a high resolution render and crop it to have the same effect of a longer focal length ?
This post: November 06, 2017

by

Lionel hautier

No crop. Otherwise, you rip away some of its 360 degree view. What are you making the render for?
This post: November 07, 2017

by

Shawn Driscoll

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).