Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Grass Factory HD not saving and loading properly in scenes

Grass Factory HD not saving and loading properly in scenes

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

Grass Factory HD not saving and loading properly in scenes

I have Vue Pioneer, with a few modules added, one of the being EcoSystems.
I also have Grass Factory but I am having some problems getting it to work correctly. If I set up a new scene and add an eco system with grass factory HD plants in it all works and populates fine (using dynamic population).
The problem comes when I save out the scene and load it back in. The Eco system never loads in correctly. The distribution is very sparse and the plants smaller. No amount of adjusting on the eco system after it has been reloaded with get the eco population back to what it was.
The only thing that works is to delete the eco system all together and create a new one. The new eco system will then work ok with grass factory until I go to save and reload the scene at which point the same problem re-occurs.
I have tried the same procedure with the basic grass plant that comes with Vue and it seems to work ok. It is only a problem when I use Grass Factory. Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?
This post: October 18, 2017

by

Keith Talbot

Re: Grass Factory HD not saving and loading properly in scen

Just for my understanding. On what sort of ground do you use this plant?

Can you try to use it on a let's say 20x20m (not km or miles) object? I'm just curious if that makes a difference.
This post: October 18, 2017

by

Walther Beck_1
Site Admin

It was on a 200m square hill terrain.
As it happens there was an R3 update released for Pioneer yesterday and now it all works fine.
Thinking it was maybe some issue with tpf files
This post: October 19, 2017

by

Keith Talbot

Excellent. Enjoy then!
This post: October 19, 2017

by

Walther Beck_1
Site Admin

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).