Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - VUE Complete 2016 making your own materials can I ?

VUE Complete 2016 making your own materials can I ?

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

VUE Complete 2016 making your own materials can I ?

hi
i just got VUE Complete 2016 and with the materials that come with it
for things like the materials and or sky's can i make my own from them and save them ?
soon i will being buying some materials when pay day rolls around
thank you
This post: June 09, 2017

by

tony hampton

Re: VUE Complete 2016 making your own materials can I ?

Yes you can create your own materials. It might be good to start with an existing one and modify this to your needs.

It might be good too to have a look into the manual that comes with your Vue, I am sure it is helpful for the things you are looking for.
This post: June 10, 2017

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

hi thank you again Walther Beck for helping me pick the right vue program from the topic over at eon
and for the info on the materials i will try and make something cool from the presets
thank you
This post: June 12, 2017

by

tony hampton

I just wanted to add something to this. I make many of my own from purchased seamless textures. Many times the textures are not in the format I want them in but I convert them into Bitmap textures and save then in the Bitmaps folder in Vue. I will load a cube or some other primitive and apply the bitmap to the cube. Then I make any adjustments I may wish and then save the new textures in my materials.
Sometimes I will make a bump map to go with it.
The way I have done this is by loading the texture into a photoshop program, Turn it into a grayscale and then into a negative.
I think I read somewhere that there is a way to create bump maps in Vue but I don't know how to do it that way. I could be wrong about that. Just not sure.
Anyway, Just thought I should give my 2 cents worth about textures In Vue.
Maybe this info might be helpful 8)
This post: June 25, 2017

by

Mark Holloway

Of course it is possible to do bump mapping in Vue. Just go to the related tab in the (advanced) material editor, or select the bump channel in the simple material editor.

It might be worth to read the manual one day, it is not that bad. You get it by typing F1 inside of Vue.
This post: June 26, 2017

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

Walther Beck (1493) wrote:Of course it is possible to do bump mapping in Vue. Just go to the related tab in the (advanced) material editor, or select the bump channel in the simple material editor.

It might be worth to read the manual one day, it is not that bad. You get it by typing F1 inside of Vue.

Thanks Walther,
I actually printed out the entire Vue Manual, Took a large 3 ring binder to place it in. There is a lot to read. I will read up on how to make Bump maps in Vue. Would be easer than having to open up a photoshop program. I actually love making textures for Vue and have come up with some good ones. Thanks Again. :wink:

by

Mark Holloway

Excellent Mark - the perfect read before going to sleep every evening. You will enjoy it.

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).