Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Poser Pro 2014 SDK for Vue Complete 2015

Poser Pro 2014 SDK for Vue Complete 2015

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

Poser Pro 2014 SDK for Vue Complete 2015

Hey guys,

I am trying to import a Poser animated set and Vue is requesting either a Smith Micro SDK 2012 or 2013. I am unable to select my Poser Pro 2014.

I am using a MacPro 2016, Sierra 10.12.2. I used the Smith Micro Download manager which did not list an SDK. Where can I download the SDK?

Thanks in advance
This post: February 09, 2017

by

Tarik Abdel-Monem

Re: Poser Pro 2014 SDK for Vue Complete 2015

You can't. Only e-on is providing this with their software.

So all you can do is to select the latest available SDK inside of the Vue preferences and then hope that it will work.
This post: February 10, 2017

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

Walther Beck (1493) wrote:You can't. Only e-on is providing this with their software.

So all you can do is to select the latest available SDK inside of the Vue preferences and then hope that it will work.

Thanks Walther. Do you recommend that I should update to Vue 2016, because no matter if I select the Micro Smith 2013 or 2012 or other, it does not allow me to import? Smith Micro support says that the error message indicates that version of Vue that I am using is not compatible with the version of Poser that I have and that I should contact e-on. I thought this was e-on support. I will search for them. Found it - http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/

Thank you for your help

by

Tarik Abdel-Monem

Well, I use Vue 2016 with Poser 11 - and it works.

But I just tried it again. Vue 2015 Complete with Poser 11 (SDK 2013). Worked as well.

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

Just for information : I use Poser Pro 2014 under Vue7 infinite and it works perfectly. I don't know why it doesn't works under Vue 2015 or 2016. I don't have these versions of Vue.

by

gil stephane

Thank for the feedback guys, I have sent a series of screen shots to e-on. Hopefully, they can figure something out.

When my 2012 mac mini crashed, I replaced it with a MacPro running Sierra, which required me to update Vue. That version of Vue on Sierra, is not compatible with Poser Pro 2014. With previous versions, I was able to use Vue to animate my Poser figures.

My short "Why?" was screened at Action/Cuts 2005 and it made it to the semi-finals, with an imdb credit to boot. As a result, I know that older versions were compatible, proof it worked at one point - http://kronusproductions.com/#/Misc_1997-/More-3D

I hope support is able to help and I thank you guys once again

by

Tarik Abdel-Monem

Figured it out.

First, I read that the SDK is located in the <Vue application directory>/plugins, but where do I get older versions' plugin? Fortunately for myself, I purchased Vue 11 Fantasy way back when and there just so happens to be a plugins directory with Poser8.1, Poser10.0, Poser10.1, Poser11.0, Poser12.0 and Poser12.1, which I copied to the Vue 2015> plugins directory

Second, Options> Configure Poser import> choose the Other SDK option, followed by save and restart Vue

Third, launched Smith Micro Download Manager and updated everything

Forth, Load Object, after selecting the Poser animated .pz3 file, I unchecked everything in the dialog box except for the using Vue for repose option, along with making the texture bumps set at 100

Vue is currently rendering the ten second animation at 60 fps:

Vue is estimating 154h 24m to complete

Thank you guys once more, your feedback gave me clues to solve the issue
This post: February 11, 2017

by

Tarik Abdel-Monem

As I tried to solve the same issue on my laptop, I realized that I have one correction and one addition to my previous post:

1) It is Import Object, not Load Object
2) One step that I left out, when you "Import Object" within Vue for the first time, the program will request the location of a file called "camerasAndLights" which is located in older versions of Poser - Runtime> scripts>

Since I save like a pack rat, I had this file on an external drive. In the current version that I have, Poser Pro 2014, the file is called "camerasAndLightsPro"

If you have an older copy of Poser, then you should be able to copy & past the file into the scripts directory of the current Poser app

One last note, my laptop has an older operating system Yosemite. I had to choose the SDK 2013 for Vue Complete 2015 to work on my MacBook Pro. With that said, my MacPro is running on Sierra 10.12.2. I had to choose "Other SDK" on MacPro for me to have the ability to import animated poser files.

As soon as you select the correct SDK for your system, then that is when you receive the prompt to locate "camerasAndLights" file. After locating the file, Vue will prompt you once more for restarting Vue, which is followed by everything importing as it should
This post: February 12, 2017

by

Tarik Abdel-Monem

That's for all of theses reasons I turned my MacPro's under Windows7 Ultimate 64 Black Eternity Edition and burned the Mac partition. I love the aluminium MacPro tower but if you follow their operating systems, you must upgrade all of your staff every 6 month. Pissed of this. I'm a Mac Lover, but I make electronic music and 3D image and want a stable system who can run Vue7 and Vue 2015 at the same time, who can run Kontakt5.5 and an old Cubase5 at the same time (music softwares). Mac cannot do that... Mac OS still stay a close system. I choosed to stay on Black Eternity 64 Windows7 and at this time, I don't want nothing more.
This post: April 20, 2017

by

gil stephane

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).