Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - MegaScans and Vue

MegaScans and Vue

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

MegaScans and Vue

Anyone been playing around with Vue and Megascans? I've tried a few logs and undergrowth stuff and it definitively bumps up the game.
This post: October 18, 2016

by

Zachory Wilson

Re: MegaScans and Vue

Hi there I signed up to quixel megascans about 4 weeks ago paid for 100 points so far mostly 3d stuff.I think its only posible to use the albedo file and the normal bump map(assuming you chose no LOD for the downloaded files )I have a grass atlas file that will work in vue as bill boards,and Im curently trying to figure out how best to use the suface scans in vue. anything youve figured out Id be grateful to know
Kindr egards Dave
This post: May 23, 2017

by

david southall

Hi guys,
yup megascans can be used withing VUE. There are some maps we cannot use or can use in a limited way within VUE i.e "roughness" for example.
When it comes to the displacement map a .png version of the map is best, save one out from a .tiff if necessary. Use that file to produce a procedural terrain for best effect.
It demands a degree of experimentation but I have found it to be really worth it. :)
This post: May 24, 2017

by

Barry Marshall_1
Site Admin

could you be so kind as to explain how to use the roughness map in vue even if in a limited way?could the roughness be used on the megascans 3d objects?( all Ive been using so far are the albedo and normal maps)
This post: May 25, 2017

by

david southall

Really really embarrassing that Vue doesn't have PBR rendering or Substance support in 2017, which is why I uninstalled Vue Studio 2017 :) Couldn't stand working with it anymore
This post: June 01, 2017

by

joseph lemons_1

From where have you got Vue 2017? Nobody else does have that as far as I know.

However, I see quite a lot of results from people that use PBR materials for their renderings. So in my understanding, it works. Of course it is not that easy to do, but you may want to look for tutorials that does exist and explain how it works.
This post: June 03, 2017

by

Walther Beck
Site Admin

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).