Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Exporting TPF Problems?

Exporting TPF Problems?

A place to discuss all matters related to pre and post production. Compositing, synching, exporting, multi-pass rendering and so forth.

Exporting TPF Problems?

Hi all,

I work on 3ds max and I saw some wonderful models here and purchased them. Then I downloaded the exporter to save them to fbx and get them to max. At first the file did not open in exporter so I downloaded them again. At some point the tree opened and I was able to save the fbx. Since the tree has presets I thought I could export the other presets as well to have a full set of fbx. Then all problems started. If I choose any preset from properties the application stops to work. It freezes and I have to open task manager to kill it. I even left it for an hour in case it worked but really really slow but nothing. The same happens when I try to change any other settings I see in properties like Trunk gnarl or Branches gnarl or any other setting for that matter... I thought it must be the exporter's fault so I downloaded and activated a PLE edition of PlantFactory. The file would not load. I searched the forums and someone suggested that the license was not bind to the tree yet or something like that and I should re-download it... I'm now down to 1 backup download but the tree dows not open in the PLE edition so I can try the presets or other properties... Is anyone able to help suggest any solutions? At first I thought it would be nice to be able to purchase content from here to export it in max for my work but so far it has been only problems...
This post: June 18, 2016

by

Kostas Katsaras

Re: Exporting TPF Problems?

I can't help with the export problems, but I can say that all PLE versions do not work at all with regular content. They use a special file format. If you create a tree using the PLE version, then you can export that (it will lose a few polygons, but it does give you an idea of what the tree would look like in your other software).

by

Peggy Walters

So if I understand correctly PLE versions in general do not open items from the store... That leaves me with PlantFactory Exporter only then. So I have to figure out why every time I change a property from the tree the software freezes...Could it be a model related problem then? Does anyone had any experience like that?

by

Kostas Katsaras

The problem is not solved obviously... No one from e-on or cornucopia has bother of course... The problem may have to do with the fact that my computers run windows 10. I tried to install the Exporter in a Win 7 computer but now I've run out of activations for the Exporter. I'm trying to figure out how to activate support to reset my activations limit and 2 days now I haven't found an option for it... The amount of frustration the whole thing has given me the past week is unbelievable and no one from e-on or cornucopia3D has responded to an email, this thread here or another thread I opened in the e-on forums...
This post: June 22, 2016

by

Kostas Katsaras

Go to www.e-onsoftware.com and click on Support, Contact a technician. Fill out a support ticket and they will respond. You can also call support, but a ticket is usually the best way.

by

Peggy Walters

There is no support option for the Plant Factory Exporter since it's a free software. So Contact a Technician is based on drop down menus to select the type of ticket and type of software. You can't select this type of problem. I have tried to open any other type of ticket and at some point I hit a wall...

by

Kostas Katsaras

I just sent the ticket using PlantFactory Producer 2015 as the product. At some point you write down the serial. I've used the Exporter serial. Let's see...

by

Kostas Katsaras

Ok the activation number was reset following the above sequence. Create a ticket using PlantFactory Producer as an option, enter the Exporter Serial. I've installed and activated the Exporter in a Win 7 machine and the same thing happens. I try to change the properties or preset and the software freezes. I've contacted the creator and he said that he tested the model with exporter and it works as it should, he contacted other people that have tested the model and it works for them. At this point I give up....
This post: June 23, 2016

by

Kostas Katsaras

For anyone having the same problem, there was a bug in Plant Factory Exporter. The bug is now fixed and the latest built works as expected (with the plants I've bought so far). :P
This post: July 01, 2016

by

Kostas Katsaras

Return to Plant Factory - Integration

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).