Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Programming of 3D Vegetation : Procedural, L-System etc...

Programming of 3D Vegetation : Procedural, L-System etc...

Here you should never feel intimidated to post any question you might want to ask. Get support and good advice as you take your first steps in the world of Plant Factory.

Programming of 3D Vegetation : Procedural, L-System etc...

If you are not very familiar with 3D vegetation design, maybe you might find interesting the articles on my website about various approaches used for 3D plants modelling (or maybe I should rather say vegetation programming) :

http://greengene.republika.pl/3D_BOTANY_F.htm

You can learn there the differences between the current procedural approach used by TPF (and also Xfrog & Speed Tree) and the old programmed L-System approach and others/

(Sorry, "customizabe" section is not ready yet)

Growth simulation approach used by software developed by prof. Prusinkiewicz from University of Calgary is especially interesting.
I would love if some future versions of TPF could implement it to some extent.

Robert :-)
This post: March 27, 2014

by

Green Gene

very nicely laid out set of explanations on your pages. Good for Vue'ers. Your information about Speedtree is incorrect, possibly some long time has passed since you looked at that product. But this is minor - otherwise a nice job.
This post: March 27, 2014

by

Forester

Hi Forester,

Could you precise which parts about ST are incorrect ?
It was last year that I checked their demo version, but maybe I missed something. Let me know in details what is incorrect, and I am going to change it.

Thanks,

Robert
This post: March 28, 2014

by

Green Gene

Probably best to keep the focus on TPF here.
This post: March 31, 2014

by

Forester

I agree! :D
This post: April 02, 2014

by

ChristieK

Yep, but if someone says that "something" is incorrect, it is aways useful to know what exactly is wrong, to correct it. Otherwise what's the point to say this in the first place ?

It doesn't make sense to pretend that Speed Tree does not exist.
It could be interesting discussion to compare strong and weak points of both applications.

TPF could profit, by integrating some Speed Tree functionality it still lacks.
This post: May 20, 2014

by

Green Gene

The most appropriate place for a discussion of this sort would be on your own web site - not here. After all, it is on your own web site where you posted your impressions and critique of Speedtree.
This post: May 21, 2014

by

Forester

I think it's good to share experiences and plusses and minuses of programs with suggestions about what would enhance Plant Factory! :D
This post: May 22, 2014

by

ChristieK

Return to Plant Factory - Beginners

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).