Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - What modeling program do you use?

What modeling program do you use?

This forum is for discussion of different modeling programs and approaches, and how you can use them with Vue.

MODO
This post: May 18, 2013

by

Todd Steen

Hexagon..... but it's not a perfect combination with Vue, not all modeling features are supported, but most works well.
This post: May 20, 2013

by

Benjamin Aeilkema

Re: What modeling program do you use?

I presently use Hexagon3D 2.5, Groboto3D, Wings3D & 3D Coat 4.5 I recently purchased Silo3D v2 when they had their 64 bit version on sale. Hexagon3D has become too unstable over the years and it appears DAZ3D is abandoning Hexagon3D.

My Silo3D experience has been quite enjoyable. Love the app so far.

Groboto has become stagnant and there has been no development or maintenance updates in close to 3 years. I purchased Groboto when they had it on sale, with a promise of a free upgrade to version 4.

I also own Curvy3D but have not done much with it. But it does seem interesting.

I use 3Dcoat mostly for UV mapping and texturing. I've created models in 3DC and also used it to add details to models created in other apps. But when I export to an obj, the mesh is really dense and Vue struggles with the mesh. In fairness to 3DC these models should be retopologized. But I dislike the fact that I take the time to either create a model or add details in 3DC and now must re-create the model using retopolgize tools. IMHO creating a model twice, just isn't effecient.
This post: February 08, 2016

by

Ken Morris

I used hexagon for some time. ( http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagon-tutorials.php )
Also using Cinema 4d and Maya

by

Vladimir Chopine

Update of a previous post : I still use Hexagon for basic shapes, but now I'm totally on Modo and ZBrush, the GoZ function between both is a very useful tool! Modo is also great for rigging.
Sometimes I also use Blender, mainly for fluid simulation and Poser for soft body simulation, but I'm learning this - slowly- in Modo, too.
The problem is that softwares update faster than my brain :mrgreen:

by

Lili

I'm still using Hexagon 1.21. Works better in Windows 10 than Hexagon 2.5 does. I use Carrara 5.1 Pro to crease edges where needed, since Hexagon 1.21 doesn't have that feature. Then do all my UV mapping and painting in 3D-Coat 4.5, and import into Vue as OBJ.

That's how I made this model for a draft animation shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7OiCDCOc4
This post: February 10, 2016

by

Shawn Driscoll

Hi all
While surfing on the web, as usual looking for something else, I fell on this very interesting thread, that might be useful for all modelers :
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ilding-One
:D
This post: March 03, 2016

by

Lili

Re:

Mr. G. (1075931) wrote:I started off with AnimationMaster, 3dSMAX, Blender and AutoCAD in the olden days as well as a tiny modeler program that I found on a $5.99 cd once that I really liked but have since lost and forgotten its title.

More recently I've used Wings3d, the MoDo demo and Carrara. I really like the "feel" of Silo and of AMAPI as well, although I seem to always come back to a tag-team combination of Shade and Hexagon, which are my current favorites.

Now if only e-on would consider integrating a modeler into VUE. Just a thought.. :o

Agree. But many 3D Artist still use 3dSMAX, Blender and AutoCAD in the recent days.
This post: September 26, 2017

by

Prahlad Parmar

Previous

Return to Vue - Modelling

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).