Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - xSteam sky light issue

xSteam sky light issue

A place to discuss all matters related to pre and post production. Compositing, synching, exporting, multi-pass rendering and so forth.

xSteam sky light issue

Hey,
sadly I am having a mayor issue with Vue xStream.
The ambient/ sky light which is visible with GI, somehow isn't throwing any shadows and just goes right trough all Maya objects.
I know that you can fix this by tuning on "Radiosity Maps" as secondary GI method in Cinema 4D.
But since I started learning Maya(latest version) and am using it with VRay I'm kinda stuck here.

I have been looking online for multiple hours and tried almost every settings combination I could find. I just can't fix this.

I'm experiencing this issue on different machines with different programs and versions.
Also a friend of mine has the exact same problem if he doesn't use the Radiosity Maps.

Does anyone know how to fix this and maybe why this is happening?

It looks as if Maya objects (or in general all native application objects) just don't cast shadows on the ambient light.
This is only for GI and doesn't come from any normal light source as far as I can tell.

Even in a completely closed room the god damn light is illuminating everything.
The screenshot shows a closed room which should be entirely dark. Rendered with Brute Force Brute For
This post: June 28, 2016

by

Joosh Con

Re: xSteam sky light issue

Vue XStream >Atmosphere>Atmosphere Editor change Atmosphere model to Standard spectral from photomatric and try to render.
This post: June 21, 2017

by

sreedhar g

Re: xSteam sky light issue

Have you checked your material settings? Sometimes imported objects' materials can be affected by the export import process.
This post: November 24, 2017

by

Barry Marshall_1
Site Admin

Return to Vue - Integration

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).